Yesterday, I got a nice little email from some attorney named Jack Thompson concerning the Virginia Tech Shootings. I looked him up online, and it turns out that Jack is a noisy anti-gaming activist. His email was somewhat long, so I’m not going to post the entire letter here, but I’ll sum it up in a few sentences:
1) The Virginia Tech shooter, Seung-Hui Cho, had psychological problems and violent tendencies.
2) Therefore he played a violent video game called Counterstrike.
3) Counterstrike taught him how to kill unemotionally and calmly.
4) Counterstrike was a PC game made by a company called Valve Software.
5) Microsoft helped Valve Software port Counterstrike to the Xbox.
6) Therefore Microsoft is responsible for the VT shooting.
Jack goes on to demand that I should do something and that Microsoft should shut down the online gaming system. You can read the full story here.
Guess what Jack? I don’t think so! Your point doesn’t even make any sense. Just because I’m richer than you doesn’t mean that you have the right to sue me over stupid issues like this. In fact, I’m going to take you to court for wasting my time and for trying to ruin my reputation.